Stuff that pops into my head. Innit.

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Religion

A somewhat (somewhat!) touchy and controversial subject today.
I know a lot of people find great comfort in their beliefs, and that's great, really. Great for them. My problem with  organised religion is that members of various churches decide that you are somehow missing out on a great revelation, and therefore they must do their best to save you.
Fuck off, I don't want to be saved. I'm not worth saving, you wouldn't want me any way. If believing in magic fairies works for you, great - but don't tell me about it, I don't care.
Finally, the religion I was brought up in, that very special branch of Christianity-ladies and Gentlemen, I give you....................Catholicism. A religion where you can judge how important a cleric is by the size of their hat. Think I'm joking? Pope-massive hat, priest-tiny hat. Once you realise the whole hat thing, it kind of renders whatever message they were tying to get across irrelavent.

The pope, yeterday, after a trip to the hat shop

No comments: