Stuff that pops into my head. Innit.

Friday 8 October 2010

The Kings of Leon

First, Muse felt my wrath - now it's the turn of another band I can't stand, The Kings of Leon.

Do you remember when this lot first assaulted your ears? For me it was "Molly's Chambers", an unexceptional and frankly dreary piece of Lynyrd Skynyrd inspired southern rock which looked and sounded as if it was performed by some partly shaved simian like beings from the wilds of Tennessee (does Tennessee even have wilds?). So far, so forgettable.
A couple more singles followed, and I -along with almost everyone else, apart from a junior Rascal- was equally unimpressed with them too. The one thing I did notice however, was the gradual humanisation of the lead singer -a man resplendent in the name of Caleb Felafelwaffle or something similar- his hair had been styled, his facial furniture removed completely.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh"



We spin forwards a couple of years, and as she regularly does, the other junior Rascal is watching the music channels on the TV.
"Waaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, Essex is on fi-ugh" screams the lyric. Guessing this isn't a newsflash, I look at the TV.

"Who's this?" I ask.
"Kings of Leon"  is the astonishing reply. I look at the TV and see a guy who looks like Ashton Kutcher singing.
"New Singer?" I ask, incredulous that the chimp from before has become the man I see in front of me.
"No, same one. He's had a shave" No shit.

I've heard "Sex on Fire" described as the best song ever, Mr Felafelwaffle as a sex god and a genius -although not at the same time- and I know it's a matter of personal taste and all that, but KOL are well, crap.
They're Take That with guitars, the male equivalent of Girls Aloud.

"This Sex is on Fire" Really? Sounds painful.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha Essex on fire sounds funny :P I really hate that song too and I'm not Kings of Leon's biggest fan either. I fail to understand why they were number one for so long.

fizzee rascal said...

"Cuz it's da best song eva, innit"

I thought you might have some thing to say about my Muse post, TBH.

Miss Melicious said...

Haha! You know, I don't mind them...but I never got the whole sex is on fire thing...Does he have an STD...why is it burning...he's doing it all wrong. wtf! And I nearly bust a gut with the whole falafelwaffle!!!

fizzee rascal said...

You don't mind them? :(

Mrs Midnite said...

Fizze I am in agreement once more but i feel that I have to forgive them the whole sex is on fire thing only because the Michael Macintyre sketch about it made me laugh.

fizzee rascal said...

I don't like him either.

Meeeeeeee =] said...

You evil bum! You don't like anyone!

Miss Melicious said...

yeah...I don't mind them. I don't love them. I don't own their album. I don't sing to them in the shower, but if it's on the radio, I don't turn it off. meh.

fizzee rascal said...

Well, fair enough then. Each to there own. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my Fizzee.....I kinda think I like KOL.

I feel ashamed.

You still luff me though, right?